Well, all, this is one holiday where I cannot pitch Dunitz fair trade jewelry. We just don't have any hipster jewelry for men at the time of this posting. What I can share with you are some fabulous gift ideas from my Fair Trade Federation colleagues. Great ideas. Many price points. Keep reading to find the perfect gift (not in any particular order) for your dad.
1. Weatherproof Hammock - If dad has a yard, he absolutely needs one of these stunners from Cielo Hammock. He will be thanking you forever as he relaxes with a good book. This hammock is weatherproof and made from mercerized treated cotton with UV protection. And who doesn't love the color blue? $120.00 includes free shipping.
2. Cord Keeper - It doesn't need to be expensive to be perfect. Guarentees your dad will stay organized and out of a twisted mess. Worldcrafts is your source for this fabulously designed cord keeper which is made by women in need in the South Bronx of New York. Only $7.99. Buy two?
Luggage Tags - Handmade in India, designed by Matr Boomie and available from ZeeBee Market. (These are made from sustainable* leather. That means animals have died of natural causes, not for consumption.) Your dad will not only easily find his bags when he travels, his bags will look terrific. Choose your favorite animal. Or surprise him with all three. $12.95/each
Coffee Sampler - Who doesn't like coffee? So why not surprise your father with a variety pack from Dean's Beans? He'll receive six 4oz packs. When he's done trying them all, he'll know which is his favorite. Only $19.99
5. African Straw Hat - Does dad garden or hike? These good looking hats with a chin strap are created by African Market Baskets and available from Tango Zulu Imports. We have it on good authority that the dudes love love love these hats. $44.99
6. Lhotsi Wool Sweater - Your father will be the most handsome guy on the block in this Everest Designs sweater. It's even on sale as I type. Great pockets. Lined with cotton for comfort. Made from New Zealand wool and crafted in Nepal. We think dad will wear this one for years to come. $189.00
7. Sock Collection - Seriously! Who doesn't need more socks? Dad will adore this Humanitarian Collection from Conscious Step and offered by Global Gifts. Conscious Step produces their socks in India, and part of their sales proceeds go to Malaria No More, UNAids and Oxfam. Dad will feel great knowing you all are making a difference. $50.00
8. Peace Key Chain - Believe it or not, these key chains are made from melting down aluminum from old car parts. They're crafted in Nicaragua using an age-old sand casting process and offered by Flatboat Fair Traders. They have lots of other designs too. At $12.00, you might want to purchase a few.
9. Magnifying Glass - Does your dad sit in front of a newspaper or book most of the time? (I know my dad did.) Maybe a handsome magnifying glass from Ten Thousand Villages will help out when the print becomes too small. This stunning gift is handcrafted in India. $24.99
10. Lip Balm - Have you tried Zambeezi's lip balm? Once you have, you'll never go back. Get your dad hooked with this variety pack. While you're at it, maybe you should buy a set for mom. Crafted in Zambia of organic ingredients. $11.99
11. Rubber Carry Bag - Yes, this bag made from recycled tire rubber comes from a Dunitz & Company collection sourced in Peru. Actually we think this bag could be used by sporty men or women. Also makes a perfect travel toiletries case. Now on Sale at $20.00
12. Bicycle Book Ends - Perfect for your favorite bookworm. And that might be your father. We think these bicycle iron book ends are so fun. Don't you love that the front end and back end of the bike are featured separately? Crafted in India and offered by ZeeBee Market. $29.95
13. Picture Frame - When in doubt go for a handsome picture frame. This one features ethically sourced bone and wood inlay. Just remember to add an image that dad will love forever and ever. It might even be a pic of you and dad together from when you were six years old. Just saying. Created by Matr Boomie and offered by Fair Trade Winds. $34.00
So, there you have it. Lucky Thirteen fabulous gift options in a variety of price points for your favorite father. Support Fair Trade Federation members who work tirelessly at making a difference in the lives of producers. If you like what you've read, please share our guide on social media. You can even hover over our perfect pin (if you are on a computer, and not an iPad) and easily share it on Pinterest. You can't help feeling good about that. -ND